Wednesday 10 June 2009

bbrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I popped in to see the bees around 6pm today. It’s been a showery and cold day and the bees did not seem well. A couple came out and in the entrance, but when I approached I saw a number on the ground around the hive moving very slowly. I resisted the temptation to pick them up and onto the landing board – best die if they are not well. But perhaps this is normal for a new colony on a new site as some struggle to orientate and find the entrance. I’m not sure. It’s not been good weather for bees. Fingers crossed for next time.
The other news was that Ann called me this evening to see how things went with transferring the bees from box to hive. It was nice of her to be concerned. However, she did tell me that it was really best to leave the first inspection for a full two weeks to let the new colony do their thing. It’s going to seem like a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment