Here's a snap of how I set up the two hives on site initially. The large green area in the bottom left of the picture is a rather lovely pond which is packed full of frogs, and I've seen toads and newts on the reserve too.
The hive at the back of the picture is "hive1," the first hive. It's pretty much in one corner of the reserve. The hive on the right is where I initially put "hive2" (it's got a couple of redundant supers on it - in fact only the brood box is accessible to the bees). When I moved this hive yesterday I sited it further away from the path and nearer to hive1. Subsequent moves (if I make them within the reserve at all) will shift it further to the left of this photo and right next to the wall at the back, with the entrance facing this wall. Then it'll be far from the main path and the entrance positioning should make access right around the pond no problem, in my opinion.
Oh, and here's a picture of those toads I saw.