Thursday 1 April 2010

New kit

The new kit I had ordered arrived today, so I spent my time adding an eke to a brood box to make a deep National brood box, making up a super and making some deep frames. Why do they only sell these frame parts in lots of 10! It's so annoying. I run with 11 frames in the brood box so had ordered 2x10 and now have lots of spare parts. I know the foundation will not be at its freshest by next year went I may change some frames. Anyhow, I'm anxious to get the new kit into action but the weather has been cold and wet, and this looks set to continue. Fingers crossed I can employ the deep brood box as a substitute on Amidala Hive in the next week.

The observation hive / nuc I ordered looks great. Not sure when I'm going to use it, though.

Anyway, observation hive / nuc aside I've now got a fair amount of empty kit sitting in the corner of my little garden as the picture shows. Inside are 3 apidea mating nucs, my smoker and a fair few freshly made up frames of varying heights. There's a solid and a mesh floor in that stack too somewhere. You can see the eke-extended brood (deep) box in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment